Pictou Virtual Walking Tour
  Home
Map
Brochure
Search
PARL
Town of Pictou
Credits

Consulate Inn
 

Built circa 1810 for George Smith, timber merchant and Member of the Legislative Assembly on three occasions commencing in 1819. The house is a cross between Georgian and Scottish vernacular styles. In 1837, the house was sold for L2, 200.00. In the mid-1800ís the building housed the American Consulate. Another previous occupant was J. Welsford MacDonald, a Liberal MLA elected to four terms in the legislature beginning in 1920. The building now houses a inn.

Consulate Inn

Consulate Inn
Back Next
 

Home | Map | Brochure | Search | PARL | Town of Pictou | Credits