Pictou Virtual Walking Tour
  Home
Map
Brochure
Search
PARL
Town of Pictou
Credits

Old CN Train Station
 

The Old C.N. Station was built circa 1904 for the Intercolonial Railroad following a company design. The structure, which also features a double fašade, was built on reclaimed land and reflects the eclectic tastes of the period. Interesting features include the steep pictured gable dormers and the central Palladian window. It became part of the Canadian National Railway system in 1923. The building is now owned by the Town of Pictou and serves as a community centre and home of the local Fisheries Museum. The station is a National Historic Site.

Old C.N. Station

Old C.N. Station
Back Next
 

Home | Map | Brochure | Search | PARL | Town of Pictou | Credits